Monday - September 29, 2008

From: College Station, TX
Title: Source for Lenophyllum texanum (coastal stonecrop)

QUESTION:

Hi, Where can you purchase native coastal stonecrop or texas sedum; preferably out in East Texas? Thank you!

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants assumes you are talking about Lenophyllum texanum (coastal stonecrop).  A synonym for this plant is Sedum texanum.  You can search in our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries specializing in native plants in your area who might carry this plant.  Also, the Houston Chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas (NPSOT) has a page of "Sources of Native Plants in the Houston Area".  Or—you could do a Google search on the scientific name and find that YuccaDo Nursery in Hempstead, Texas lists it for sale. 

Lenophyllum texanum