Friday - September 12, 2008

From: Benbrook, TX
Title: Question about non-native bottle brush bush

QUESTION:

I have a bottle brush bush it has not bloomed. I have had it about 6 months planted in the ground. I am worried it may not. can you tell me what you think. thanks lori

ANSWER:

Thank you for submitting your question to Mr. Smarty Plants. Our expertise is in the sustainable use and conservation of native wildflowers, plants and landscapes. Unfortunately, your question about bottlebrush (Callistemon citrinus) falls outside the scope of our expertise since it is a native of Australia.

Mr. Smarty Plants suggests you try contacting your county extension agency or posting your question to one of the many gardening sites that deal with non-native ornamentals.  You might try contacting one of the UBC (University of British Columbia) Botanical Garden Forums.