Mr. Smarty Plants - Information about giant yellow and black wasps

Saturday - September 13, 2008

From: Bastrop, TX
Topic: Diseases and Disorders
Title: Information about giant yellow and black wasps

QUESTION:

Regarding a previous question submitted by a person asking about the giant yellow and black wasps..It's a Cicada Killer.I used to see them all the time when I was a kid in Victoria, Tx..But I haven't seen one in 20 yrs.. They're huge..

ANSWER:

Thanks very much for the information about the giant yellow and black wasps from a previous question.   The cicada killer (Sphecius speciosus) would certainly appear to be the likely suspect.   Mr. SP will be sure the person who asked to original question gets this information.