Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Managing Roadsides
Title: Managing Roadsides
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

I’d like to plant some wildflowers along the roadside. What do I need to do?

ANSWER:

Contact your local Department of Transportation and let them know about your proposed planting - there may possibly be some funding available. Most importantly, they will need to get the planting documented so that contracted mowers do not mow the wildflowers down. For more information, download our articles entitled “Planting Wildflowers Along Roadsides,” “How to Buy Wildflower Seed in Bulk,” and “Large Scale Wildflower Planting” from the Native Plant Library.