Wednesday - August 13, 2008

From: Colfax, WA
Region: Northwest
Title: Plant identification

Bought a plant don't know what it is or how to care for it. It looks like it's dying. Description: light to dark green, long, skinny, rounded trunk, surrounded and topped with grass like blades(top grass like blades are quite a bit shorter than the rest) they said it was a cactus but I'm not sure.

Mr. Smarty Plants would be happy to try to identify your plant, but we are going to need some photos to do so. Please take photos of the entire plant and a closeup of the leaves. Visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page to read instructions (under "Plant Identification") for submitting photos.