Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Wednesday - August 13, 2008

From: Colfax, WA
Region: Northwest
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

Bought a plant don't know what it is or how to care for it. It looks like it's dying. Description: light to dark green, long, skinny, rounded trunk, surrounded and topped with grass like blades(top grass like blades are quite a bit shorter than the rest) they said it was a cactus but I'm not sure.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants would be happy to try to identify your plant, but we are going to need some photos to do so. Please take photos of the entire plant and a closeup of the leaves. Visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page to read instructions (under "Plant Identification") for submitting photos.