Wednesday - August 06, 2008

From: Claxton, GA
Title: Plant identification

Mr. Smarty Plants, I have some plants I cannot identify. They were given to me after a funeral. I love them, i would like to know WHAT THEY ARE??? Here are descriptions. I can get photos. (PS I live in Georgia. Not sure if that matters or not.) *The first plant looks like a mini-tree. it has fronds coming directly out of the tree that are long and green with a purple-ish stripe. *I also have a plant that has fronds coming directly out of the ground that are dark green with lighter green stripes of varying width. *Then I have a very common plant. It looks like a vine. a fern or ivy type plant. it has wide leaves that are dark green and kind of glossy.

Mr. Smarty Plants is going to need photos for this.  Please visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page and read the instructions (under "Plant Identification") for submitting photos.  We will do our best to identify your plants.