Mr. Smarty Plants - Changing color of non-native crape myrtles

Saturday - August 02, 2008

From: Knightdale, NC
Title: Changing color of non-native crape myrtles

QUESTION:

How do you change the color of a bloom on a crape myrtle tree?

ANSWER:

You don't. Please see this previous answer on that subject.

Taking stock in where and what you grow in Denver Colorado
December 22, 2011 - I have two year old stock plants growing in a container in my home and they are finally starting to bloom. However, the buds open but don't produce any petals. Also they are experiencing yellow leave...

Will drought-stricken non-native St. Augustine come back in Cedar Park TX
January 30, 2010 - I recently bought a new house but the grass in the yard looked completely dead (bought house in Nov) even though the neighbor's grass was still green. The previous owner stopped watering the grass (e...

Identity of mint impersonator in California
May 20, 2012 - Is there such a thing as a mint "impersonator"? There are random 'sprigs' of purple-stemmed, bright green leaf plants in my front yard. We just moved in to the house and I don't want to assume ...

Ants in vegetable garden in Muskogee OK
May 25, 2011 - I have ants in my vegetable garden this spring - I think because of all the rain. I think they are the culprits that ruined my spinach and swiss chard. They have left all the lettuces alone..but you...

Non-native pistacio problem Rockwall, TX.
July 02, 2014 - I have an eight year old Pistacio tree that has leaves turning brown and falling off. It is June! Why?