Mr. Smarty Plants - Why is Mr. Smarty Plants website so useless?

Wednesday - July 16, 2008

From: Jeffrey, WV
Topic: User Comments
Title: Why is Mr. Smarty Plants website so useless?

QUESTION:

Why is your site so useless?

ANSWER:

We are truly sorry that you find our site of no use to you. The volunteers and staff members at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are constantly searching for new ways to make information on plants native to North America available to anyone who goes onsite. We also have access to information on invasives and other matters of importance to the environment. Perhaps if you detailed for us how you attempted to use the site and how it failed for you, we can make improvements. But the question you asked is a plurium interrogationum such as "are you still beating your wife?" If we answer it, it presupposes that the Mr. Smarty Plants website is, in fact, useless. By the way, the majority of the questions are answered by two volunteers, each of whom puts in an average of 20 hours a week, unpaid, of course, to try and help anyone interested in plants and how they impact the world we live in. Since I am one of those volunteers, I guess we can't offer to give you your money back.