Mr. Smarty Plants - Dog eats horse herb (Calyptocarpus vialis)

Monday - July 14, 2008

From: Houston, TX
Topic: Edible Plants
Title: Dog eats horse herb (Calyptocarpus vialis)

QUESTION:

This is not a question but in response to one of your answers. My dog eats horse herb all the time. He seems to use it to calm his stomach or throat from acid indigestion. He had an ulcer and would eat this after he vomited.

ANSWER:

Very interesting! You are responding to the answer to this question, I presume. Dogs (and other so-called "dumb" animals) often know many things that we "intelligent" humans don't know. I still don't think I would try it myself, though.