Wednesday - August 18, 2004

From: Topeka, KS
Topic: User Comments
Title: Articles on landscaping with native plants in Kansas
Answered by: Stephen Brueggerhoff

I work for the Kansas Department of Transportation in Topeka, Kansas and would like to receive information on growing native wildflowers. I have a catalog titled "Wildflower Favorites" that was published by the Missouri Conservation Commission. This catalog describes some native Missouri wildflowers, and contains an article titled "Where to get native plants for home landscaping". The article says that a good source for more information on growing wildflowers is the Wildflower Center in Austin, Texas.

We do currently provide general articles on landscaping with native plants, and they may be downloaded from our Native Plant Information Network. Browse on-line and choose the link to "Clearinghouse Publications", where you can download articles ranging from landscaping with native plants to information about plants appropriate for your eco-region. We also provide information from our NPIN main webpage about natural resource organizations, suppliers, and native plant profiles that are easy to use, a service to assist our national public with inquiries about native plant ecology. I also want to recommend browsing to the Missouri Department of Conservation's "Grow Native" website, where you can review timely information about native plant landscaping in your area.