Monday - June 23, 2008

From: Baton Rouge, LA
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

Hi from Baton Rouge, I was out in Livingston Parish a week ago and saw a small tree that I had never seen before. I can't paste a picture here. It's sort of like an Osage Orange but the flowers are bright orange on 2" balls, not green as described and shown everywhere I've looked. Any suggestions? Is it a hybrid? HOw can I send you pics? I also purchased a plant from the Wildflower center last summer and it is still going. I'd like to know what that is too but I'm not sure that you would know it frim just a description. It is a perennial that dies down over the winter and produces continuous white blooms that resemble the bloom on a shrimp plant all summer long -till frost. Thanks for the assist. Cheers.

ANSWER:

Please send us photos and we will do our very best to identify your plants. Visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page to find instructions for submitting photos under "Plant Identification".