En EspaÑol

Mr. Smarty Plants - Is Ruellia deer resistant

Thursday - June 19, 2008

Topic: Deer Resistant
Title: Is Ruellia deer resistant

QUESTION:

Is Ruellia deer resistant? I have white Ruellia, 18 -20 inches tall.

ANSWER:

Please visit our Recommended Species page.  Under Special Collections you will find an entry titled "Deer Resistant". If you click on that link you will get a list of deer resistant plants and on that list you will find the following Ruellia species listed. I'm not sure if you have R. metziae or R. nudiflora (since it can also have white flowers), but these 4 (and I suspect any other Ruellia species not on our list) are deer resistant.

Ruellia metziae (Metz's wild petunia)

Ruellia nudiflora (violet wild petunia)

Ruellia occidentalis (western wild petunia)

Ruellia drummondiana (Drummond's wild petunia)

Ruellia metziae

Ruellia nudiflora

Ruellia occidentalis

Ruellia drummondiana