Saturday - March 20, 2004

Title: Central Texas wildflowers
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

How do I propagate specific central Texas wildflowers?

ANSWER:

Everything you need to know about growing the most popular wildflowers in Texas is in our Native Pant Database.

Blooming time in Austin for wildflowers
March 12, 2007 - Hi Mr. Smarty Pants!! I am a wildflower artist coming for my first spring visit to Austin to exhibit in the Artisan's Festival. As a wildflower fanatic, I am hoping to see and photograph some of "...

Overseeding native wildflower seeds as opposed to herbicides
August 10, 2006 - Greetings from Alabama, We would like to "roundup" approx 2 A and plant some wildflower (s) that would TAKE OVER. We have 20 A and over half is in mixed woods. Pine, oak, sweetgum, and ???. Do y...

Color of Englemann's daisy (Engelmannia peristenia)
April 11, 2010 - I'm in Austin and just bought some Engelmann's Daisies at the plant sale on Fri. The picture had them with white petals, and your plant database has them with yellow petals. I specifically wanted wh...

Moving Iris bulbs
April 15, 2011 - I will be moving and want to take my Iris bulbs with me. Can I dig them up now that they are in flower?

Will the new bluebonnet plants survive the winter?
October 31, 2009 - I live in Leander, and we've had 19 1/2 inches of rain in the past three weeks. ALL of our bluebonnets are coming up! Can they survive the winter?