Saturday - March 20, 2004

Title: Central Texas wildflowers
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

How do I propagate specific central Texas wildflowers?

ANSWER:

Everything you need to know about growing the most popular wildflowers in Texas is in our Native Pant Database.

Location of Indian Paintbrush in Lewisville, TX area
April 21, 2011 - Know the location of any spots where Indian Paintbrushes grow in North Texas? I'm in Lewisville, about 10 miles north of Dallas.

Smarty Plants on Katy Ruellia
November 08, 2004 - What can you tell me about Katy Ruellia? I need something with color that will take the hot southeast Texas summers and the cold/wet winters that stays decent and will flower.

When and where does sand verbena, Abronia ameliae, bloom in Texas
April 04, 2009 - Hello, I am a botany student in California. I need to collect a branch or two of Abronia ameliae, a Sand Verbena that grows only in Texas. I must collect this plant when it is both in flower and fruit...

Bluebonnets and weeds in Burleson TX
March 31, 2010 - I have lots of blue bonnets growing in my yard but they are overcome with weeds. What can I use to eliminate the weeds without killing the bluebonnets?

Smarty Plants on wildflowers in Wisconsin
June 28, 2004 - May I have information on wildflowers in Wisconsin and how to grow them?