Saturday - March 20, 2004

Title: Central Texas wildflowers
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

How do I propagate specific central Texas wildflowers?

ANSWER:

Everything you need to know about growing the most popular wildflowers in Texas is in our Native Pant Database.

More on bluebonnets
April 05, 2006 - Hello: We have been told that the sparse Bluebonnet appearance this Spring is due to sparse rainfall at the appropriate times. Were there fewer seeds to sprout and grow? Or are the seeds still ...

Wildflowers for Daleville AL
September 08, 2011 - What wildflowers will grow in Daleville AL, in almost all day sun ? Thank you.

Texas bluebonnets for Illinois
March 12, 2008 - Thank you Mr. Smarty Plants. I will be closely checking the variety of Texas bluebonnets that I tried to plant. For the record, I did soak them first to loosen the seed shell. I think we probably just...

Meadow garden for Colorado Springs CO
June 03, 2012 - We recently purchased a restored home on a mesa just above the downtown area of Colorado Springs on the front range. The previous owners seeded the front lawn with blue gramma and told me that all I ...

Need suggestions for plants for a bird/small wildlife refuge in Wichita Co, TX.
August 26, 2011 - With our continuing drought in North Texas, I'm planning to transform my small backyard into a bird/small wildlife "refuge". What types of native plants and grasses can I plant in dry, hot Wichita ...