En EspaÑol

Saturday - March 20, 2004

Title: Central Texas wildflowers
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

How do I propagate specific central Texas wildflowers?

ANSWER:

Everything you need to know about growing the most popular wildflowers in Texas is in our Native Pant Database.

Texas bluebonnets for Illinois
March 12, 2008 - Thank you Mr. Smarty Plants. I will be closely checking the variety of Texas bluebonnets that I tried to plant. For the record, I did soak them first to loosen the seed shell. I think we probably just...

Wildflower season in the San Juan Mountains in Colorado region
June 19, 2012 - Hello, I plan on going to the San Juan, Co. area next month (mid-July) around Ouray to see the wildflowers. As you may know it has been very dry in Colorado. What do you expect the wildflower season t...

Wildflower garden for a drain field in Olivet MI
June 27, 2010 - I have a large area that is currently lawn over a drain field. I would like to turn this area into a wild flower garden. Will the wild flower roots, etc. cause any concerns or damages to a drain fie...

Collecting seeds of Anemone berlandieri, windflower
March 29, 2010 - The recent rainy weather has produced a small colony of what I have identified from your web site as Anemone berlandieri Pritzel (Texas Anemone) in my backyard. Is there a way to harvest these seeds f...

Origins of the Name For Blackfoot Daisies
April 20, 2013 - Can you tell me why blackfoot daisies are named “blackfoot”?