En EspaÑol

Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Tuesday - June 10, 2008

From: Mt Pleasant , IA
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

Mr. Smarty Plants, My neighbor gave me a plant that is about 3 foot tall, has a main stalk, and leaves that produce small “baby” plants at the edge of the leaves. These plants grow roots and once developed they fall from the leaves. Each groove on the leaf will have a small plant. There are not a lot of leaves on the stalk. The leaves grow oposite of each other on the stalk. The plant seems to be a type of succulent but I am not sure. The leaves are thick with sharp edges (similar to an aloe vera plant but not as thick. I do have a few images that I could email if needed.

ANSWER:

Yes, please e-mail us the images. I'm afraid we can't ID your plant even from your very detailed description without a photo or two. Please visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page and read the instructions for submitting photographs there under "Plant Identification". We look forward to seeing your plant.