Tuesday - March 02, 2004

From: Charlotte, NC
Topic: Meadow Gardens
Title: Native flowers and plants for meadow in North Carolina

I live in Rock Hill, SC, just south of Charlotte, NC. I would like to have recommendations for planting native flowers and plants in a small meadow in my backyard. Do you have any suggestions or know where I could get suggestions?

For the best help for native plants of your area, I suggest visiting the web pages of the North Carolina Wildflower Preservation Society and the Native Plant Society of South Carolina. Both web pages have a wealth of information about "natives" of your area. The North Carolina Wildflower Preservation Society page has an excellent treatment of "Landscaping with Native Plants". Both web pages have links to nurseries and seed suppliers for native plants.