Sunday - April 20, 2008

Topic: Seasonal Tasks, Seeds and Seeding, Wildflowers
Title: Planting bluebonnets

How long do bluebonnet seeds take to mature, and when is the earliest in their development they can be harvested? When can they be scattered?

Happily, people who know more about this than Mr. Smarty Plants have written an How-To article on How to Grow Bluebonnets. We have refreshed our memory by re-reading it, and believe it answers all your questions. However, for more information on the subject, we suggest you read How to Grow Bluebonnets: Rhizobium FAQs and How to Grow Bluebonnets:Scarification FAQs.

Big bend bluebonnet
Lupinus havardii

Texas bluebonnet
Lupinus texensis

Sundial lupine
Lupinus perennis

Sandyland bluebonnet
Lupinus subcarnosus