Mr. Smarty Plants - Smarty Plants wildflower gardens

Thursday - January 08, 2004

From: Durham, NC
Title: Smarty Plants wildflower gardens

QUESTION:

I want to plant a wildflower garden but I live in NC And I want My garden to be in bloom all year what types of wildflowers will stay in bloom all year and do I have to import them?

ANSWER:

A wildflower garden in North Carolina would be beautiful. I am going to give you a contact to the North Carolina Wild Flower Preservation Society which will be better able to help you with regional recommendations and helpful information. They have a web page at: http://www.ncwildflower.org/ On their page are links to "Landscaping with native plants" and "Sources for native plants and seeds". They also offer a handbook, " North Carolina Native Plant Propagation Handbook" that could be very useful.