En EspaÑol

Wednesday - April 02, 2008

From: Johnston, SC
Topic: Privacy Screening
Title: Native evergreen trees or shrubs for privacy screen in South Carolina

QUESTION:

RE: Wednesday - April 02, 2008 From: Johnston, SC Region: Southeast Topic: Native Trees Title: Native evergreen trees or shrubs for privacy screen in South Carolina Author: Barbara Medford Question: Mr. Smarty Plants, we recently lost a grove of eleven 30+ year old white pine trees in a storm this month. They provided a natural 42'x30' screen to the front of our property and home. Thank you for your prompt and most appreciated response to our problem. The Pinus strobuses we lost were my favorite of the pines on our property and were it not for the need to regain the privacy they had provided as quickly as possible they would have been our first choice. You have provided us with some very interesting possibilities. We are so grateful to have found your website and the tremendous service you provide in helping gardeners 'go native'. Thanks again.

ANSWER:

Well, thank you. We get our paychecks (most of us are volunteers) from notes like yours. Best of luck with restoration of your landscape.