Wednesday - April 02, 2008

From: Edgewood, PA
Title: Wildflowers native to Pennsylvania

QUESTION:

Please provide the names of a few wildflowers that are native to Pennsylvania.

ANSWER:

Is this enough?

Achillea millefolium (common yarrow)

Anemone canadensis (Canadian anemone)

Aquilegia canadensis (red columbine)

Asclepias tuberosa (butterfly milkweed)

Campanulastrum americanum (American bellflower)

Campanula rotundifolia (bluebell bellflower)

Claytonia virginica (Virginia springbeauty)

Conoclinium coelestinum (blue mistflower)

Desmodium canadense (showy ticktrefoil)

Delphinium tricorne (dwarf larkspur)

Eupatoriadelphus fistulosus (trumpetweed)

Liatris spicata (dense blazing star)

Achillea millefolium

Anemone canadensis

Aquilegia canadensis

Campanulastrum americanum

Campanula rotundifolia

Claytonia virginica

Conoclinium coelestinum

Desmodium canadense

Delphinium tricorne

Eupatoriadelphus fistulosus

Liatris spicata

Spreading bluebonnets in pasture from Ledbetter TX
April 29, 2013 - I've found a small patch of bluebonnets in my back pasture in Ledbetter, tx. What is the best method of encouraging their spread across the pasture? I've heard that one can pull up the plants and ...

Toadflax and Baby Blue Eyes occurring naturally in Texas
March 29, 2007 - Does Toadflax/Spurred Snapdragon occur naturally in Texas? My daughter found what I think is it in a field in Keller, TX, but I'm wondering if it is cultivated. The field is full of a variety of fl...

Smarty Plants on CRABGRASS
August 23, 2005 - I live in Indiana and purchased native wildflower seeds from the soil and conservation district in my area. I completly tilled the 10x70 foot patch and planted the seeds as directed. Some of them are ...

Bluebonnet seeds north of Chicago
March 11, 2008 - Hi My husband is originally from Texas - we now live north of Chicago. Last year he bought a whole bunch of Blue bonnet seeds from a company that said they would grow in our area... I planted enough ...

Soils for Central Texas wildflowers
November 04, 2007 - Our family is moving to 40 acres near Lexington, TX with deep soil. Briefly talking to personnel at the Wildflower Center during Goblins in the Garden, I found that not all flowers in the Central Texa...