Monday - March 17, 2008

From: Waco, TX
Title: Searching for a red mulberry tree (Morus rubra) to buy

QUESTION:

Want to purchase a native Texas Red Mulberry tree (morus rubra). Can't find one. Can you help? Thanks,

ANSWER:

You can search our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries in your area that specialize in native plants.  Many of the nurseries have web pages.  I found the following when I searched the Texas nurseries' web pages:  Oma's Garten Pflanzen in Killeen shows red mulberry for sale; Wichita Valley Landscape in Wichita Falls also shows red mulberry for sale; and Rohde's Nursery in Garland has Morus sp. listed, but doesn't say which species.  For those nurseries that don't list a webpage, there is a telephone number that you could call to find out about the availability of red mulberry.

Since Morus rubra (red mulberry) occurs in the eastern half of North America, you could also check the nurseries in states east and north of Texas for availability if you aren't able to find red mulberry in Texas.