Sunday - March 14, 2004

Title: Visit Texas to see the Bluebonnets
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

When is a good time to visit Texas to see the Bluebonnets?

ANSWER:

Bluebonnets begin flowering in late February to mid March, and usually finish blooming around the end of May when temperatures get warm.

Texas bluebonnet
Lupinus texensis

Control of grasses in wildflower gardening
July 27, 2006 - We have been trying to manage and grow a plot of wildflowers in Madisonville, Texas just east of Bryan / College Station on a charity organizations site for 3 years with some success. The grasses have...

Should Rock Harlequin stay green all winter?
May 28, 2014 - I have a rock harlequin that came up in a area that had been disturbed. It came up last summer/fall and the foliage survived our tough winter. I can not find anything about this plant staying green al...

Fertilizing wild bluebonnets
September 26, 2007 - Can you fertilize wild bluebonnets? If so, with what and when?

Indian paintbrush wedding
October 20, 2004 - I live in western Montana and have become quite fond of the flower known as indian paintbrush. I will be getting married this next July, and would like to incorporate the flower into my wedding; Howe...

Wildflower gardening in Leander , TX
September 02, 2009 - I live in Leander, Texas. I bought a couple of seed mixes last fall, and had wonderful wildflowers growing all along our fences, all spring and into the first part of the summer before it got way too ...