Sunday - March 14, 2004

Title: Visit Texas to see the Bluebonnets
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

When is a good time to visit Texas to see the Bluebonnets?

ANSWER:

Bluebonnets begin flowering in late February to mid March, and usually finish blooming around the end of May when temperatures get warm.

Texas bluebonnet
Lupinus texensis

Most common wildflower in Texas from Grand Prairie TX
March 12, 2012 - What is the most common wildflower in the state of Texas? My kiddos stumped me on this one?

Texas wildflower guide with every flower listed
November 09, 2012 - Is there a Texas wildflower guide that contains every single flower that grows in the state? I have a few flowers on my land I haven't been able to identify because they aren't in the guide I have. ...

Plants for a Steep, Sunny Slope in Iowa
April 28, 2013 - I am looking for plants native to Iowa for a steep, sunny slope or groundcover.

Native Texas plants that will grow in sandy soil and salt tolerant
June 08, 2005 - I am in the US Coast Guard and we are looking to plant some wildflowers. The plants will be near saltwater and may get exposed if the area floods during a tropical storm or hurricane. Being on the Gul...

Blooming time for bluebonnets in Fredericksburg, TX
January 30, 2013 - Any idea of when the Bluebonnets are expected to be in bloom I Fredericksburg TX, this year?