Sunday - March 14, 2004

Title: Visit Texas to see the Bluebonnets
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

When is a good time to visit Texas to see the Bluebonnets?

ANSWER:

Bluebonnets begin flowering in late February to mid March, and usually finish blooming around the end of May when temperatures get warm.

Texas bluebonnet
Lupinus texensis

Survival of wildflowers after Hurricane Irene in Perkasie PA
September 03, 2011 - Mr. Smarty Plants, We have (had) a beautiful row of wildflowers and sunflowers along the one side of our house. Now that Hurricane Irene has passed, most of the flowers are matted down from the wind...

When the bluebonnets bloom
January 31, 2003 - Can you tell me when the bluebonnets are in bloom?

Overwintering Texas bluebonnets
November 17, 2011 - I planted Texas Bluebonnet and I want to know how to save them through the winter months. I think they are so beautiful. Can I cover them with something?

Slope Erosion control for Fairview NC
August 19, 2012 - Please recommend plants to help with soil erosion on a slope. The soil is red clay and area gets full sun. The slope is approximately 12' x 12'. I live in Fairview, NC

Is it illegal to pick the state flower (Mountain laurel) in Connecticut?
March 25, 2009 - Is it illegal to pick the state flower (mountain laurel) in CT?