Sunday - March 14, 2004

Title: Visit Texas to see the Bluebonnets
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

When is a good time to visit Texas to see the Bluebonnets?

ANSWER:

Bluebonnets begin flowering in late February to mid March, and usually finish blooming around the end of May when temperatures get warm.

Texas bluebonnet
Lupinus texensis

Sunlight needs for native wildflower seedlings from Double Oaks TX
January 27, 2014 - Last December I created a flower bed for my parents' backyard and sowed native wildflower seeds (obtained from Native American Seed). The bed is in full sun most of the day, and the seeds are alread...

Creating a bluebonnet patch between Brenham and Houston.
April 12, 2009 - I am creating a Bluebonnet patch in a well-drained section of my flowerbed. I just planted the plants (it is now early April and I'm between Houston and Brenham, TX). I plan to let them go to seed ...

Poppies on Pflugerville, TX lake
April 26, 2008 - I live on the new Pflugerville Lake. We are trying to get wildflower seed to plant around the lake in the mitigation areas. Will Poppies grow here?

Wildflowers for October wedding from Rockford AL
April 26, 2013 - Want to plant wildflowers that will bloom in early October in central Alabama for a wedding. Can you give me any suggestions ?

2012 wildflower forecast from Friendswood TX
September 29, 2011 - What is your current view of the 2012 Wildflower Forecast? What weeks might be best for someone traveling from Colorado to see our flowers? We are concerned about what the drought will do to the 20...