Thursday - December 06, 2007

From: Lubbock, TX
Title: Plant identification

I had a coworker bring back a branch of tree from San Antonio and the end of the branch fans out into a drapery type structure about a foot long with bud looking things all over it, almost fungally looking. I would like to know what it is. Leaf is pinnately compound, similar to mountain laurel leaf. I do not know how else to describe it. Thanks.

Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, but no matter how good the verbal description is, we need something to look at. Can you take a picture and send it in and one of our ID experts will take a look? There are instructions for sending in pictures on the bottom right hand side of the opening page to "Ask Mr. Smarty Plants."