Tuesday - November 13, 2007

From: Salado, TX
Title: Wildflower seed balls

QUESTION:

On one of the HGTV garden shows Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center was featured. It showed how you could make little dirt balls filled with wild flower seeds and throw them around your land making it look more natural. They used a certain mixture of dirt and seeds. Can you please post that mixture.

ANSWER:

This is a good time of year to be talking about this, and we recently answered a similar question, so let us first refer you to that Mr. Smarty Plants answer: Wildflower seedballs

In that answer, you will be referred to a How To Article on making seedballs. Basically, we tried to simplify the instructions in the How To Article a little bit, so it didn't sound like rocket science. What you're doing is making mud pies, so have fun!