Friday - October 19, 2007

From: Mercer, PA
Title: Information about Lotus berthelotte, non-native plant

QUESTION:

I have a plant marker for a plant called LOTUS Berthlotti. I am looking for how to take care of it, but when I type the name in any search engine I get no results! the best way for me to describe the plant is that when it flowers, it literally looks like it's on fire! It's my favorite plant & I do not want to loose it. please help!

ANSWER:

Although our focus and expertise here at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is for plants native to North America, we can guide you to the information you need for caring for Lotus berthelotti, a native of the Canary Islands and Cape Verde near the western African coast.  You can find information from Dave's Garden and Indoor Plant Care