En EspaÑol

Mr. Smarty Plants - Planting Purple Threeawn (Aristida purpurea) and Little Bluestem (Schizachyrium scoparium)

Friday - October 05, 2007

From: Colleyville, TX
Title: Planting Purple Threeawn (Aristida purpurea) and Little Bluestem (Schizachyrium scoparium)

QUESTION:

Do you have information on planting Purple Threeawn and Little Bluestem? Also are there any inherent problems when planting…things to avoid, etc. Wanting to plant as ornamentals in the North Texas DFW area. Many thanks

ANSWER:

In our "How to Articles", there are several articles that have information useful to your project (e.g., "Native Lawns" and "Wildflower Meadow Gardening").

Also, Native American Seed has an excellent article, "Planting Tips for Native Grasses"

Aristida purpurea