Mr. Smarty Plants - Seeking information on Crateeva asiatica, non-native herbal medicine

Saturday - September 29, 2007

From: Ash Ville, NC
Title: Seeking information on Crateeva asiatica, non-native herbal medicine

QUESTION:

Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I had a look at your website in hope of finding information about the plant Crateeva asiatica. Could you kindly help me to locate the information for the same?

ANSWER:

The reason you didn't find information about Crateeva asiatica in our Native Plant Database is because our database is restricted only to plants native to North America and C. asiatica is not native to North America.  You could try doing a search on the Internet, although there doesn't seem to be much information there.  From the small amount of information I found on the Internet, it sounds as if this plant is considered to have medicinal properties.  Your best bet might be to search for herbal medicine sites on the web and make inquiry through them.