Tuesday - September 25, 2007

Title: Horse herb available by seed?

I live in Hays County in Texas, and I would like to plant horse herb on a slope that is now covered with a variety of tall grasses. Is horse herb available in seed form? If so, how may I order some? Should it be planted in fall or in spring? Thank you very much for your help.

You can find seed companies and nurseries in your area that specialize in native plants by searching in our National Suppliers Directory. In a quick search for Calyptocarpus vialis (straggler daisy or horse herb) in Texas companies with web pages, the only company I found near Austin was McNeal Growers in Manchaca, Texas that listed horse herb for sale as plants. (Please note, McNeal Growers does not carry seed and is a Wholesale Nursery) There are several Austin companies that don't have web pages but do have telephone numbers that you can call (e.g., Barton Springs Nursery, Pots & Plants Garden Center).

Calyptocarpus vialis