Saturday - September 15, 2007

From: Santa Fe, NM
Title: Plant identification request

I took a trip to Arizona in 9/06. While out walking through public land I encountered a beautiful plant with very distinctive leaves, color of woody stems and flowers. I have scoured the USDA plant gallery plus other online resources in an attempt to identify it and was unsuccessful. Do you know of a person/department/organization I could contact to help me identify it? I have some excellent photographs of the plant and flowers. Thanks so much!

Mr. Smarty Plants loves identifying plants! Please visit our Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page for instructions on how to submit photographs for identification. They are under "Plant Identification" in the lower right corner of that page.