Mr. Smarty Plants - Where can one learn about gardening with native plants

Monday - August 20, 2007

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Where can one learn about gardening with native plants

QUESTION:

Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, Where can I go to learn more about gardening with native plants?

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants thinks you are very lucky to live in Austin so that you can attend the classes at Go Native U at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. Through a series of fun and interactive classes students learn about the benefits of gardening with native plants. Classes may be taken individually for those wanting to build on their current gardening skills or as a series for those pursuing a certificate of merit in native plant gardening. All classes will be held on Saturdays at the Wildflower Center’s beautiful campus in south Austin.