Friday - July 20, 2007

From: Houston, TX
Title: Texas wildflower blooms by month

What Texas wildflowers bloom in January across the state? And the same for the following months throughout the year. Thank you.

Mr. Smarty Plants is going to let you answer this question for yourself. Please visit our Native Plants Database
page and do a Combination Search, choosing "Texas", then selecting "Herb" under Habit and each month under Bloom Characteristics. You will find that even for January, when one normally thinks very few plants bloom, there are 30 different wildflowers in bloom and over 50 different plants in flower if you count grasses, cactuses, shrubs, and trees as well. By May there are nearly 700 different wildflower species blooming and more than 1100 different species flowering if you also count grasses, cactuses, shrubs, and trees!