Monday - June 18, 2007

Title: Invasiveness of non-native Asian jasmine

I have a lot of Asian Jasmine planted as groundcover in various beds. The last year or so it has become unruly and is now invading my St. Augustine, working its way into the lawn itself. Is there anything I can do to prevent it from doing this?

A physical barrier, for example, steel, stone, or brick edging is probably the simplest solution. You might consider removing the non-native Asian Jasmine and planting native shade-loving species that will not be so invasive. For more information on gardening with natives, please see our collection of articles in the Native Plant Information Network.