En EspaÑol

Sunday - March 14, 2004

Topic: Deer Resistant, Best of Smarty
Title: Help! The deer are eating my landscape.
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

Help! The deer are eating my landscape. Is there anything I can plant that they won’t eat?

You can review individual plant information from our Native Plant Database, providing botanical and horticultural native plant information, including deer resistant plants. The Native Plant Society of Texas also offers a check-list of native plants that are deer resistant, found on their website, entitled CAMOUFLAGE GARDENING. Keep in mind that this list is a "work in progress", and offers info on plants that deer will normally not browse; in drought, or periods of ecological stress, the deer will eat just about most plants.