Sunday - March 14, 2004

Topic: Deer Resistant, Best of Smarty
Title: Help! The deer are eating my landscape.
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Help! The deer are eating my landscape. Is there anything I can plant that they won’t eat?

ANSWER:

You can review individual plant information from our Native Plant Database, providing botanical and horticultural native plant information, including deer resistant plants. The Native Plant Society of Texas also offers a check-list of native plants that are deer resistant, found on their website, entitled CAMOUFLAGE GARDENING. Keep in mind that this list is a "work in progress", and offers info on plants that deer will normally not browse; in drought, or periods of ecological stress, the deer will eat just about most plants.