En Espa—ol

Thursday - April 05, 2007

From: Hereford, TX
Title: More on bluebonnets

QUESTION:

I live in Hereford, Texas, near Amarillo. What would be the closest area for us to see fields of bluebonnets and when? Is it Wichita Falls?

ANSWER:

You can visit the Texas Department of Transportation web site and find listings for bluebonnet sightings in various Texas counties. Select "Wildflowers" under Travel then use "Bluebonnets" for Flora Type. When I searched, the closest sightings I found near you were in Archer, Wilbarger, Coke, Concho, Nolan and Wichita Counties. The next couple of weeks should be the ideal time to see them.