Mr. Smarty Plants - Smarty Plants on wildflowers in Wisconsin

Monday - June 28, 2004

From: Madison, WI
Title: Smarty Plants on wildflowers in Wisconsin
Answered by: Stephen Brueggerhoff

QUESTION:

May I have information on wildflowers in Wisconsin and how to grow them?

ANSWER:

The resources that the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center provides can be found through our Native Plant Information Network. We have robust databases that provide our national audience with info about regional native plants, images of native plants, native plant suppliers, timely articles on native plant ecology and horticulture, and directly related to your inquiry, native plant organizations in your area. Choose Clearinghouse Publications, which will lead you to a page to choose "Regional Factpacks", where you can download a copy of the midwest "Recommended Native Plant Species". This will assist you in identifying native plants distributed in your region. Also, you can choose National Organizations Directory, which will provide you with excellent organizations that will assist with enhancing your research.