Friday - March 23, 2007

Topic: Non-Natives, Plant Identification
Title: Muscari neglectum image

I am doing a school project and found a native plant on the native plant information network image gallery. It is plant NPIN Image Id 524. What is it's name?

The name of the plant pictured for NPIN image #524 is Muscari neglectum, grape hyacinth. We are surprised you found it in the image gallery since we no longer link to introduced species from the search index. The USDA symbol for this plant is listed as MUNE. If you go to the USDA Plants Database, and do a seardh for the symbol MUNE, you will see the page for Muscari neglectum.