Tuesday - June 22, 2004

From: San Antonio, TX
Title: More on bluebonnets

QUESTION:

When do the bluebonnets bloom in the Austin - San Antonio, Texas area?

ANSWER:

Early to mid-April is generally the showiest time for wildflower blooming, and is fairly dependant on the weather. If regional Fall and Spring rains come on time, that and other factors will give provide an excellent showing of Spring wildflowers. A combination of wildflowers are at their peak in the Texas Hill Country in early April, specifically Bluebonnets, Indian Blankets and Indian Paintbrush. Look for our annual Wildflower Forecast from our home webpage during early Spring, a service providing info on travel routes for best wildflower viewing in Texas.