Mr. Smarty Plants - More on bluebonnets

Tuesday - March 13, 2007

From: Allen, TX
Region: Select Region
Title: More on bluebonnets
Answered by: Damon Waitt

QUESTION:

I want to go to the Willow loop north 7 miles or so of Fredericksburg to see the bluebonnets in bloom this year but don't know when the best time would be to see this spectacular view. I plan to be in Austin around the 21st - 25th of March. Would that be a good time?

ANSWER:

This may not surprise you, but you aren't the first one to ask us this question this spring.  I refer you to a previously answered question for details.  If you have a chance to come to the Austin area during your trip to Texas, we hope you will visit us at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.  Here are a few bluebonnet pictures to whet your appetite until your visit.

Lupinus texensis

Lupinus texensis

Lupinus texensis