En EspaÑol

Monday - July 28, 2014

From: Keller, TX
Topic: Turf, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Can Habiturf™ be hydromulched?

Our lawn was originally planted with "Weeping Love Grass" seed by hydromulching. After 7 years we still have some bare spots. Other types of grass have infiltrated the lawn and that does not matter to us as we do not live in a HOA. We just want a grass that does not use much water, fertilizer, or mowing. Can Habiturf seeds be used in a hyrdomulch application?

Dr. Mark Simmons, our expert on Habiturf™, says that you can put Habiturf™ seed in the bare spots provided you rough up the soil for good soil-seed contact. Of course, the area must get good sun too.  Although he says it is an unnecessary step, you could hydromulch as long as it doesn't dry to a hard crust. 

I recommend that you read our How-to-Article, Native Lawns: Habiturf™– the Ecological Lawn.