Saturday - May 31, 2014

Region: Select Region
Topic: Pests, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Herbicide on Habiturf from Austin

Can you recommend an herbicide that is safe to use on a Habiturf lawn? I followed the directions to put in a new Habiturf lawn about a month ago. The grass seedlings are doing well in places, but with all the recent rain, broadleaf weeds are competing successfully with the lawn in some other spots. There are too many weeds to remove by hand, although I am doing that, too. Thanks for your recommendation.

Who would think someone in Central Texas would ever have a chance to blame a problem on rain? Here is a previous Mr. Smarty Plants answer on the possibility of using corn gluten as an herbicide for Habiturf. If we gave you a new answer to your question, it would say the same thing, so make a concession to our laziness and read that question, following any links in it to other material. Especially notice the warning at the bottom of that answer on how you get weeds in Habiturf.