Friday - April 18, 2014

From: Cocoa, FL
Title: Plant ID from Cocoa FL

QUESTION:

I am trying to identify a plant that looks like a rose bush. It has rose-like thorns. The leaves are green, slender, acute at the tip, slightly unequal at the base and the leaf stem grows closer to one side. The leaves also grow opposite on the stem which is smooth and a lighter green color with many small brown spots. The leaf has small brown bumps that look like a stitch pattern along the stem and at the edges where it is slightly jagged. A few of the leaves have a single thorn growing out of the leaf stem. New leaves and shoots have a fern look to them. I don't know if it flowers.

ANSWER:

We are sorry, that is not enough information to identify the flower, and since we deal only with plants native to North America, it might not be in our database anyway. Please go this site Plant Identification for websites that might be able to help you.