Tuesday - March 06, 2007

Title: Native wildflowers for caliche soil

What kind of wildflower seeds can I plant on caliche soil. No water, other than rain, with some deer grazing.

Mr. Smarty Plants answered a similar query very recently so I am referring you to that previously answered question. Then, I would recommend that you visit our link to Native American Seed in Junction, Texas. They have several wildflower seed mixes that contain species that would do well in your soil. For instance, the Apache Plateau Mix, Native Texas Mix, or the Deer Resistant Mix would all be good choices. Also, when you buy their seeds using our web referral, Native American Seed makes a contribution to the Wildflower Center.