Mr. Smarty Plants - User comment on native grass mixes from Robstown TX

Friday - March 21, 2014

From: Robstown, TX
Topic: User Comments, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: User comment on native grass mixes from Robstown TX

QUESTION:

As a followup to my question on seed spreaders, native grass and prairie seed mixes seem a good fit for my location in far western Nueces County which is more semi-arrid than 30 miles away in Corpus which is more semi-tropical. I planted Thunder Turf from Native American Seed which is similar to your Habiturf and the germination rate has been very good. I hope this helps add to your data base on where buffalo grass, blue gramma, and curly mesquite will grow. Thank you for all your information.

ANSWER:

And thank you for your nice words. Most of the time we get no response from our readers and when we do, it's not always complimentary. We are going to publish your question as is, because the over 9000 questions we have answered are read by others over and over, as we know our website gets millions of hits a year. Besides sharing experence in gardening, which we love to do, we get the warm fuzzies thinking about all those nice people listening to us and, hopefully, taking away some good information that will help their garden and help the environment. After all, we all have to breathe, right? If you are interested, here is the previous question and answer.