Mr. Smarty Plants - Finding bloom time on "Explore Plants" feature of website

Tuesday - February 27, 2007

Title: Finding bloom time on "Explore Plants" feature of website
Answered by: Damon Waitt

QUESTION:

In using your 'Explore Plants' feature, I have noticed that you can search for plants according to their bloom time, but when looking at a specific species' page, I have not been able to discover the bloom time listed. Am I missing something?

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants says you will find the bloom time in the section called Bloom Information right under the Plant Characteristics section. If you perform a combo search using bloom time, all your search results will have data for that character. If however, you are just cruising around the plant database, you may come across some species where we lack that information. P.S. We are always looking for volunteers to help us do research from the comfort of their own computers. Contact the NPIN director and we will happily put you to work.