Mr. Smarty Plants - Wild Edible Books for Pennsylvania

Tuesday - February 11, 2014

From: Fairchance, PA
Topic: Edible Plants
Title: Wild Edible Books for Pennsylvania

QUESTION:

I was hoping I could get some suggestions of one or more good books on wild edibles that I can find in Southwest PA. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:

There are several books in the Wildflower Center Bibliography that deal with edible plants in your state or region. Check the list below for some suggested titles.

Pennsylvania's Edible Plants: Plants you can find on the trail or in your own back yard! by C. Wingert

Edible Wild Plants of Pennsylvania and New York by J. Tomikel

Edible Wild Plants of Pennsulvania and Neighboring States by Richard and Mary Lee Medve

Edible Wild Plants of Eastern North America by M. L. Fernald

Also, you might be interested in seeing a previous Mr. Smarty Plants question about edible fruits and plants in PA that Nan Hampton answered most thoroughly (including a list of edible trees and shrubs).