Mr. Smarty Plants - January good time to plant live oak in January from Manor TX

Sunday - January 19, 2014

From: Manor, TX
Topic: Planting, Trees
Title: January good time to plant live oak in January from Manor TX

QUESTION:

I want to plant a Live Oak in January. Is this a good time to plant it?

ANSWER:

The best. To reinforce this answer, please read this previous Mr. Smarty Plants answer from someone who wanted to plant a live oak in June in Austin. This gives you all the reasons why it is so much better to plant it now while it is cool and we didn't want to retype all the material. And, well, yes, we're a little lazy.

Coastal live oak
Quercus virginiana

Coastal live oak
Quercus virginiana

Coastal live oak
Quercus virginiana