Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 next >> 
28 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Source for Ashe Juniper seeds from Blanco Co., TX
March 10, 2014
I'm trying to find Ashe Juniper seeds to plant in bare areas of my property in central Texas. I understand they grow well in rockier soil and have many other benefits for native animal species. Unfo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Natural privacy hedge for Kyle Texas
January 06, 2014
I am looking to make a natural privacy screen in the Kyle Texas area. I am being pointed towards Leyland Cypress by some and told to shy away from this tree by others. I found Green Giant Arborvitae a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Injury from non-native Canary Palm from Torrance CA
October 18, 2013
I got stuck in the eye a yr ago by a Phoenix canariensis. It went through my retina and through the integral chamber and put a stamp on my lense. There was no room for any more err without causing bli...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Trees for Pflugerville TX
September 28, 2013
I'm looking for suggestions on native, drought tolerant conifers that can be located in a Pflugerville landscape under overhead electric lines. Open to Arizona Cypress, but concerned about the height...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Springbeauty in New Jersey and Dog Allergies
May 11, 2013
Is Claytonia virginica in New Jersey and could my dog be allergic to it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Skin allergies; is Juniper the culprit in Simi Valley, CA?
July 21, 2012
My husband and I have had terrible skin allergy problems this spring (for me it's been 3 years) and think it may be the juniper bushes outside our bedroom and kitchen windows. Is there a fast growin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source of Allergies in Austin, TX
June 19, 2012
Hi, Mr. Smarty Plants. I live in Northwest Austin and I've been suffering from allergies since moving to Austin. The allergies seem to occur at least once a year for at least a month or two. Beg...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sap from agave causing reactions from Edgewater FL
April 06, 2012
Not only was I stuck with the century plant thorns and needle like ends when I was digging up its pups, but I also broke the carrot-like root of a few when I was transplanting and got the white sap on...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-poisonous, non-allergenic plants for privacy fence
March 15, 2012
I'm looking to put in some plants to create a privacy fence against one side of my property. I'd like a mix of plants that grow well together in order to create a diverse look. I need something ever...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Reducing Allergens in Yards and Gardens
January 31, 2012
What are some allergen-free native plants to Central Texas that thrive in the soil and can survive in the weather?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 next >> 
28 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page