Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 next >> 
75 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Fruiting times of native trees and shrubs in the Pacific Norhwest
December 30, 2013
I am looking for information on fruiting/seeds/nuts times of native trees and shrubs in the Pacific Northwest. Obviously they fruit after they bloom but all I can find is very general information such...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants of Texas Coastal Bend beaches
November 27, 2013
What plants are native to the Texas Coastal Bend beaches?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Texas wildflowers indoors for a March wedding from Austin
October 01, 2013
I have learned so much from this site! Thank you! I am getting Married this March and I am hoping to use Texas wildflowers for the centerpieces. I hope to grow them in containers indoors and have the ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting shade-tolerant ground covers in New York
September 10, 2013
Hi, I have seen some of the posts for shade-tolerant ground cover on the east end of Long Island and my question is process related. Now that I've identified the grasses/plants I need to keep my fro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Large-scale container garden for New York City
August 17, 2013
I am a community volunteer in NYC who is trying to help a non-profit set up two large container gardens (about 3 feet high by 4 feet long by 2 or so feet wide). The problem is that they want natives,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Photographing and Identifying trees of Long Island
June 01, 2013
After being in a car accident I got into photography as sports are a distant memory due to my injuries. As a new hobby I thought of taking pictures of trees and then finding out their species name. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for dotted blue-eyed grass from Saluda SC
February 23, 2013
I lived in Texas for several years and now live on acreage in South Carolina. I have heard that bluebonnets don't grow well in South Carolina. However, there is a place by the road near our house t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dyes from native North American plants
November 29, 2012
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I have been working as a textile designer for many years and am now interested in harvesting native North American plants in order to create natural dyes. Which plant ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for Kingsland TX
October 11, 2012
I am looking for a list of native ground covers and grasses(not lawn grass).
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for book on Mimosa pudica from West Palm Beach FL
September 07, 2012
Where can I find the TickleMe Plant Book -the guide for growing the sensitive plant mimosa pudica seeds?This is the plant that plays dead when touched.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 next >> 
75 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page