Waco, TX
French Provincial Garden using Natives
I am designing a French provincial garden near Waco Lake, I am looking for some native shrubs and ornamental grasses to augment the myriad of lavender, roses, and lilies in the proposed design.

Bay and Estuary, TX
Poisonous plants of Texas Bays and Estuaries
What is a poisonous native plants of the Bay and Estuary system in Southeast Texas?

Ballinger, TX
Identity of a vine in Texas
I am trying to identify a native vine in Runnels County, Texas. It is approximately 20 feet long, growing on a fence. The leaves are simple leaves, range in size from 1/2 " to 2" and thick (simila...

Tuscola, TX
Near Abilene State Park, a plant's leaves turn purple and it seems to have a pineapple looking growth. We call it the purple pineapple?

Lowake, TX
Transplanting native yaupon into yard in Lowake TX
I have lots of wild yaupon in my pasture,can I transplant it to the yard?

Paint Rock, TX
Edible and Medicinal Plant Resources for West Texas
I am a teacher of gifted and talented students in Paint Rock, Texas. We were looking for a reliable book or website for edible and medicinal plants in West Texas.

Abilene,, TX
Erosion at edge of driveway in Abilene TX
My lawn suffered a great loss of grass over the winter and the soil at the edge of the driveway is washing away with watering and the occasional rains that we have. I am trying to get the grass to gr...

ABILENE, TX
Medicinal qualities of Monarda clinopodioides
Monarda clinopodioides Gray basil beebalm Could you tell me if the above-mentioned plant is edible or has any medicinal use?

Abilene, TX
Trees for shade east windows from sun in Abilene, TX
We need a tree(s) to plant in front of four east windows (20 feet space) to shade our breakfast room from the early morning sun. We have shades but need a bit more protection. I do not wish to shade...

Abilene, TX
Live oak trees with rusty spots and holes on tree trunks
I have live oak trees that have developed rusty spots, small holes on the tree trunks and sawdust on the trees base. They were planted in Oct 2010. We have had a hot dry summer in Texas this year an...

Abilene, TX
Native plants for hanging baskets in Abilene
I live in the DRY West Texas heat in Abilene. I'd like to put some hanging plants along my back fence. Preferably something that would attract butterflies. We have a pool in our back yard and almost ...

Abilene, TX
Plant Identification of plant similar to Oxytropis campestris
This plant was found in Breckenridge Texas. Yellow flowers like Oxytropis campestris, yet it is not supposed to be in Texas. Is this possible? Soil is gravelly, sandy and yellow clay. sorry no pho...

Abilene, TX
NEAR ABILENE STATE PARK GREEN RODS SHOOT UP PURPLE BLOOM MID TO LATE SEPTEMBER LONG AND SLENDER WITH GREEN SPIKES ALMOST LIKE A PINE OR EVERGREEN COMES EVERY YEAR NO MATTER HOW MUCH RAIN WHAT IS IT?...

Abilene, TX
Green thread-Thelesperman filifolium
Looking for information on a wild flower called green thread. Can you tell us the actual name or any information about this flower.

Abilene, TX
More information on plants native to Taylor County TX
Re: Thursday - September 15, 2011 QUESTION: Am looking for direction to a complete list of plants native to the Abilene, Taylor County, Texas area (trees, shrubs, grasses, cacti and other plants ...

Abilene, TX
Plants for shade in Abilene TX
I live in Abilene, Texas. I am trying to find the best plants to fill in an area on the North side of my home, which gets absolutely no sun. The area is sprinklered, and stays fairly moist. I really d...

Abilene, TX
Stubs of Texas Star Hibiscus in Abilene, TX
We have cut back our outdoor Texas Star Hibiscus for 4 years and now have a large number of old stubs that the new growth must navigate around. Will it kill the plant if we dig up the old stubs? At so...

Abilene, TX
Why are there gnats in my houseplants?
I have flying brown gnats in my house plants. Can you tell me why?

Abilene, TX
Grass for area under pecans in Abilene, TX
I have two large pecan trees in my back yard. Grass has always been hard to grow under these two trees, but lately all grass seems to have "vanished" and I'm left with mostly bare soil. Is there ...

abilene, TX
Native plants for Italianate garden
Hi, I am looking at buying a house in Abilene, Texas that has an established burnt grass yard. The house is Italianate and requires bold plantings. Is there a way to establish a relatively Italinate...

Abilene, TX
Hearty, bushy native plants for windowboxes in Abilene, TX
I live in Abilene, Tx and am a horrible gardener. I would love to have window boxes with some sort of hearty bushy plant. Any suggestions, I'm at a total loss...? Thanks!