Manchaca, TX
Possibility of using vinegar solutions for weed control
What is your suggestion about the control of weeds - do you consider vinegar solutions environmentally friendly?

Manchaca, TX
Goldenrod recommendations for Buda, TX
I am looking for a Solidago species Goldenrod that is non-invasive and suited to the area around Austin/ Buda, TX. I prefer to use a native, non-hybrid, especially since I am adjacent to a wild area. ...

Manchaca, TX
Name of the cedar tree at Lake Travis
What is the name of the cedar tree that is at Lake Travis?

Manchaca, TX
Grey Goo Coming from red Oak in Manchaca TX
I have a large Red Oak in my yard that appears to be weeping some sort of grey goo from parts of the trunk. What is this goo and do I need to treat it and if so how? I'm happy to come by the Wildflow...

Manchaca, TX
Vines for shade in Central Texas
We'd like to fill in our long expanse of yard fencing with climbing vines. We are limited by 40' live oaks that cut off the sun but surely something works in the shade and heat!

Manchaca, TX
Patio Privacy Screen Suggestions for Central Texas
I have just built a patio and want to plant some small trees, bushes or shrubs to form a visual barrier (rather than to erect a fence)to the neighbors yard.

Manchaca, TX
Tree transplants having problems in Manchaca TX
I have recently transplanted a Mexican Buckeye, Chinquapin oak, and Sandpaper tree that I have been raising inside since they were seedlings. They have now developed a browning of the tips of their l...

Austin , Texas, TX
Clipping of beans from newly planted Tecoma stans
I purchased a Esperanza Plant in a pot from a nursery in April of 2008. We planted it and it is doing fine, but came with blooms and beans. Do I need to do clip or prune the beans at this stage of g...

Buda, TX
Splitting bark on non-native mimosa from Buda TX
What would cause my Mimosa tree to have splitting bark. I've only lived in this house for 8 months and am learning about this tree. The other tree seems fine. It looks as though it split and then ...

buda, TX
Tag on oak tree in Buda, TX
I found a large oak tree on my property with a tag that has a number on it. Any idea what that means?

Buda, TX
Danger of lichens damaging trees
My mom lives east of Buda, Texas where she has planted many different kinds of trees, which are all over 10 years old. Now, they all have a moss or lichen growing on the bark of the trees. She is worr...

Buda, TX
When is best time to transplant Ezperanza shrubs in Buda, TX?
I need to transplant 2 huge Esperanza's...when is the best time to uproot them and not kill them?

Buda, TX
How to control Yellow Woodsorrel in Habiturf?
Last year we planted Habiturf in our front lawn and prepared the ground as directed with organic compost. This year we have an infestation of low growing yellow oxalis which we believe came in with t...

Buda, TX
Identity of small "Pitcher" plants growing in backyard
I have small pitcher plants growing in the grass in my backyard. Looks like very dark cobra. Come every summer when very hot. They are about 4 or 5 inches from base to tip of hood. I have a pic. le...

Buda, TX
Differentiating between Iles decidua and Ilex vomitoria
Is there any way to tell a male possum haw holly from a female? I have a possum haw that never lost all of it's leaves and has no berries. Could it be a male?

Buda, TX
Optimal time to separate and transplant black-eyed Susan
When is the optimal time to separate or transplant black eyed Susan. I have some in a planter on my patio, but it has multiplied and become too crowded for the pot; it needs water daily.

Buda, TX
Fast growing, tall evergreens for privacy in Buda, Texas
I need to plant fast growing tall evergreens along a western 6 ft privacy fence. The function is privacy, and sound deadening. Our western privacy fence is along a 2 way noisy highway. Please advise a...

Buda, TX
Wildlife management tax exemption
I live on 10 acres of prairie land near Austin. I want to learn about drying and pressing and gluing and preserving wildflowers as art in pictures and bookmarks and cards. My attempts have failed an...

Buda, TX
When is the best time to transplant Esperanza bushe in Buda, TX?
When is the best time to transplant an Esperanza bush? I want to move it because it is overwhelming my front yard. Thank you,

Buda, TX
Need small, fast growing trees for privacy screen in Buda, TX.
Please recommend some small, but fast growing, flowering trees to plant along a western fence for privacy

buda, TX
Recognizing poison ivy
I am having a difficult time identifying poison ivy. It seems so many plants look like poison ivy can you help me I don't want to kill everything but on the same hand I don't want to itch. Thanks f...