Springtown, TX
Propagating magnolias from Springtown TX
I am trying to find out how to plant Magnolia tree seeds and what has to be done with them prior to planting, if anything and what type of soil to use.

Springtown, TX
Identity of a plant that may be a horse apple (Maclura) in Springtown, TX.
I have a tree that I think is a crab apple, however, I can't find it in any collection on internet. The fruit looks like light green colored apples, however, they are very hard and very course textu...

Azle, TX
Grasses for shady area with sandy soil
We have very sandy soil, is there any type of grass that will grow well. Also, very shady.

Poolville, TX
New gardener on lawn for Poolville TX
I have never had the opportunity to have a nice yard until recently when I got married. My husband loves a nice yard and we have worked very hard and put in hours of work. We are learning by trial a...

Azle, TX
Age at which native agarita produces berries
At what age does agarita produce berries? Is this plant self pollinating?

Paradise, TX
Grafting Pecan Trees
I have planted two pecan nuts and now they are about 4 feet tall trees, they have not been grafted but can I graft one of the trees to the other and vice versa and expect pecans from then, they are he...

PARADISE, TX
Encouraging native grasses to flourish
We have been trying to restore the yard around the house with native grasses and forbs for the last two years. The soil is clay and nothing seems to grow. We have distributed 5 truck loads of mulch, p...

Rhome, TX
I am trying to identify a wild flowering plant. It grows in pastures near Rhome Texas. How can I email a digital photo to you to look at it??

Willow Park, TX
Are the berries of Gun bumelia poisonous to dogs from Willow Park TX
We have been told we have a Bumelia Lanuginosa (Chittamwood) tree in our yard. My dog has been eating the berries. (She has had stomach issues for several months and only recently found out she has ...

Willow Park, TX
Identity of groundcover in Parker County, TX
I'm trying to identify a native "groundcover" that looks much like frogfruit, as far as the leaves and growth pattern, but has small yellow flowers that look like little lanterns as buds. I know it...

Center Point, TX
When should I plant bermuda grass seeds?

Weatherford, TX
Flowering plant for gravesite in Weatherford TX
I want to plant flowering plant of some kind at parent's grave site in Weatherford, TX. The family cemetery is on a limestone hill with no irrigation or ability to water other than nature. Would on...

Weatherford, TX
Plant identification in Parker County, Texas
Hi. Growing alongside a country road, here in Parker County I photographed what I thought might be cardinal flowers. However, in searching books and on the net, I cannot find any quite like these. ...

Weatherford, TX
Smarty Plants on seed balls
Do you have the recipe for Wildflower Seed Balls? It's where you mix dry wildflower seeds, compost, red clay, and water to form a seed ball and then you throw it. I think the ratio is 1 part seed, ...

Weatherford, TX
Viability of Texas madrone tree in Weatherford, TX
I live in Weatherford, Texas (Parker County). Will a Madrone tree make it ok here and who sells them?

Weatherford, TX
Problems with transplanting cenizo in Weatherford TX
I tried to transplant a Silverado Sage into a large pot but within 1 day it started wilting. Could it be the soil? I used potting soil not soil from the ground which is a sandy soil.

Weatherford, TX
Plants for shady courtyard classroom garden in Weatherford, TX
I am wanting to create an outdoor classroom area in the courtyard of my school. The courtyard is enclosed by all four sides and the building is two stories high. It does not receive much sunlight. Mos...

Weatherford, TX
Effect of unusual wet weather on desert willows
I live in North Central Texas and have 3 beautiful Desert willow trees that are usually in full bloom. I've kept them pruned to form a nice full tree shape but now they are losing leaves and looking ...

Weatherford, TX
Why is my Chinkapin oak losing its leaves this spring?
We have a chinkapin oak that was planted about two years ago in our front yard. This year it leafed out nicely but about a month ago the leaves began to roll up, then dry out and fall off. It seems ...

Weatherford, TX
Care in planting native Shumard oaks
I am going to plant 3 shumard red oaks on the west side of my property. The land is basically rocky. What should I put in the holes to help the tree grow?

Weatherford, TX
Sun loving plants for flower bed by the pool in Weatherford Texas
We have a 40' long x 2 1/2' wide flowerbed along our pool. It is in full sun with the pool deck across the front and a 6' privacy fence across back. Also, the level of the bed is 18" below the l...